Now, any parent worth their salt understands that children do what you do, not what you say. How great would it be to let them see how much you enjoy your work and the importance of working their own plans, dreams and goals.
From my parents I learned:
- A "good" job does not mean that I will be happy with it. (my mom)
- Don't drink and drive...a chartered bus with passengers on it. (my dad)
- Uniforms make you feel like you belong or can make you feel like a circus clown. (my mom loves her uniform)
- Everyone is born with skills, talents and untapped treasures. (my dad plays a mean piano solo!)
- Everybody's idea of "work" and "making a living" are not the same. Some people care about a career/life's work and some people don't care at all